Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Harry Potter and Le Prisoner of Azkaban

Harry Poo-ter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I've seen various trailers of this phenomenon and it is fair game that it should be my starting block.
Well first of all, from what I've seen (not taking in the plethora of excellent reviews), Cuaron has definitely made it darker if not more scarier. Those dementors, although unlike Shelob, are as creepy as Black Riders in their own right. The kids too, look grown up. While I have perused the few premiere pictures that have passed hands *blushes*, I will abstain from reflecting my bias and hate of all things Hermione. Things also seem to be keeping to the book although I have heard a few complaints my way, through various people. Mmm...all in all, a good trailer. Kept me wanting more, although I had read the book and could guess pretty much the rest of the storyline. No can deny that Cuaron is a good director, but he seems to give, from my POV, what Columbus neglected, bonding, emotion and that flow of love and magic that always flowed through JK's work, despite the errors. So a 9/10 for me. I deducted a mark because during the international trailer, at the end a Japanese voice over came on and said in a very clear loud voice: HARRY Poooter.
Giggles and chortles, so on. *wink*

~ M.M.W ~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home